Conte fears serious injury for Tottenham defender Romero
Antonio Conte is worried that Cristian Romero’s hamstring injury is more serious than first thought as Tottenham await the results of a second scan.
Romero sustained the damage during Argentina’s goalless draw with Brazil in last week’s World Cup qualifier and missed Tottenham’s 2-1 win over Leeds United on Sunday.
The severity of the injury remains unclear, but Conte – who is also without Giovanni Lo Celso and Dane Scarlett for Thursday’s trip to Mura in the Europa Conference League – is not optimistic.
“I think his injury is a bit serious. We have to wait. I don’t know how long he will need to recover,” Conte said at Wednesday’s pre-match news conference.
“His injury is worse than Lo Celso and Scarlett. He needs another scan, then the doctor can give more details.”
Spurs signed Romero from Atalanta on an initial loan, with a permanent deal for a reported fee of £35.25million (€42m) set to be sealed in 2022, and the 23-year-old has made 13 appearances in all competitions to date.
Despite the defender potentially facing a prolonged spell on the sidelines, Conte is not yet thinking about bringing in a replacement in the upcoming transfer window.
“I’m not thinking about January now,” he said. “There’s still a long way to go. But I also need to make my evaluations about these players, the whole squad and then we’ll see.”
Source: Soccer News
#Conte #fears #injury #Tottenham #defender #Romero
Post views in last 5 minutes: 0 views