Eight things to note on Super Eagles’ 23-man AFCONQ roster v Guinea-Bissau:: All Nigeria Soccer
The Nigeria Football Federation have announced the Super Eagles squad list for the Africa Cup of Nations qualifying matches against Guinea-Bissau.
Three goalkeepers, eight defenders, four midfielders and eight strikers have been summoned by manager Jose Peseiro.
Allnigeriasoccer.com’s editorial staff brings you eight things to note on the roster :
1) The roster holds an average age of 24.91 years as at Thursday, March 16. Ahmed Musa is the oldest player at 30 and the youngest is Daniel Bameyi at 17.
2) Six players are aged 23 or younger : Kingsley Aniagboso, Calvin Bassey, Daniel Bameyi, Bruno Onyemaechi, Terem Moffi and Samuel Chukwueze.
3) The roster features players who ply their trade in ten different countries : Cyprus (1), Nigeria (3), England (7), Turkey (2), Germany (1), Spain (2), Netherlands (1), Portugal (2), France (2), Italy (2).
4) Four players are seeking their debuts for the Super Eagles A team : Victor Sochima, Kingsley Aniagboso, Bruno Onyemaechi and Daniel Bameyi.
5) After committing his international future to Nigeria over England, where he grew up, Blackpool academy product Bright Osayi-Samuel would become cap-tied to his country of birth with an appearance in any of the two matches against Guinea-Bissau.
6) Former Chelsea central defender Kenneth Omeruo has earned a recall to the side following injuries to William Troost-Ekong and Leon Balogun. It would mark his first start in 425 days if selected in the starting lineup on March 24.
7) Alex Iwobi and goalkeeper Francis Uzoho have played every single minute of the national team’s matches since the appointment of Jose Peseiro as coach.
8) Five players who started Nigeria’s last competitive fixture against Guinea-Bissau at AFCON 2021 have been retained in the latest squad : Uzoho, Ajayi, Wilfred Ndidi, Iwobi and Iheanacho.
Nigeria’s 23-man roster for AFCONQ
Goalkeepers (3): Francis Uzoho (AC Omonia, Cyprus); Victor Sochima (Rivers United); Kingsley Aniagboso (Giant Brillars)
Defenders (8): Oluwasemilogo Ajayi (West Bromwich Albion, England); Bright Osayi-Samuel (Fenerbahce SK, Turkey); Kevin Akpoguma (TSG Hoffenheim, Germany); Kenneth Omeruo (CD Leganes, Spain); Calvin Bassey (FC Ajax, The Netherlands); Daniel Bameyi (YumYum FC); Zaidu Sanusi (FC Porto, Portugal); Bruno Onyemaechi (Boavista FC, Portugal)
Midfielders (4): Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester City, England); Frank Onyeka (Brentford FC, England); Alex Iwobi (Everton FC, England); Joe Aribo (Southampton, England)
Forwards (8): Kelechi Iheanacho (Leicester City, England); Ahmed Musa (Sivasspor K, Turkey); Samuel Chukwueze (Villarreal CF, Spain); Moses Simon (FC Nantes, France); Ademola Lookman (Atalanta BC, Italy); Terem Moffi (OGC Nice, France); Victor Osimhen (Napoli FC, Italy); Paul Onuachu (Southampton FC, England)
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Full Story: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=46742
TAGS: #note #Super #Eagles #23man #AFCONQ #roster #GuineaBissau #Nigeria #Soccer
Leave a Reply