Juvetus boss Allegri still lamenting over Ronaldo exit
Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri was reportedly left fuming after the club allowed Cristiano Ronaldo to join former club Manchester United last week.
The Portuguese superstar left Juventus after three years and sealed a return to the Red Devils last Friday in a deal worth £19.4million.
But Allegri has now been left angry as he is set the task of replacing Ronaldo’s goals after an overwhelming transfer window.
The 54-year old re-joined the Italian side this summer, two years after leaving – replacing Andrea Pirlo following last season’s disappointment.
According to Il Giornale, Allegri is ‘furious’ with club president Andrea Agnelli and sporting director Federico Cherubini.
He reportedly told club hierarchy that ‘these were not the agreements’ when he accepted a proposal to re-join the club.
Juventus brought in Everton’s Moise Kean on deadline day to fill the gap left by Ronaldo.
They also signed Manuel Locatelli from Sassuolo this summer, but improvements to the squad have not been to the extent expected for a side that scraped a fourth place finish last season.
Following their shock 1-0 home defeat to Empoli over the weekend, Allegri told DAZN: ‘Cristiano spent three years at Juventus, he scored goals, which he is very good at, he’s an extraordinary player, but we cannot think about Ronaldo from now on.
‘I have a fine squad, we simply must realise that we can’t just dominate every match. We need to come together and this will help us for the future. I am optimistic, always.’
read also Cristiano Ronaldo gets Man United No 7 jersey again
During his first spell at the club, Allegri won five straight Serie A titles and sent the club to two Champions League finals but he has now been set the task of regaining the title from Inter Milan and will have to do it without Ronaldo, who was Serie A’s top scorer last season with the 29 goals.
Source: Football News – Sporting Life
#Juvetus #boss #Allegri #lamenting #Ronaldo #exit
Post views in last 5 minutes: 1 view